summer love

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ode to Summer (the season)


Victor, Idaho...well, what more can I say? Small town, altitude is 6500 ft, great views of the (tops of the) Tetons, kind people, huckleberry shakes, wonderful hiking, mild beautiful summers, frigid winters, Thai restaurant, vast amount of space to spread out, adventurous fishing, and rivers to float galore. Now the first snowfall has come and the close of summertime is quite sad to me. The opportunity to go outside in shorts, tees, and flip flops is over. The warm air, long bright days, and the sun browning my skin is already missed. Although I hate to see the summer weather go, surprisingly the scenery remains beautiful around me...just in a different way. I will miss you dear summer season and look forward to our next encounter,
most likely, in June 2009.
(This means more trips south to warmer weather will be expected. Yay, time with family
and friends in Utah and California!)







8 comments:

The Cottle Family said...

I love your background, I am having a hard time finding a background that is not so busy. If you have any suggestions let me know. Love April

Brent & Kathy said...

I am so happy to see that you got a blog going for yourself. It is alot of fun to click on your name and "wow" we feel so close to you and what you are doing. My friend told me that you can print your yearly blogs into a book....I'm trying to find out how and how much, because it is like a journal for us. Miss you tons. Kathy

The West Coast Elkies said...

Sooooo cute!!! So good to finally see photos of you! Need some more close ups of mom and dad!!

Lefgren Family said...

And add a trip to Sunny California too! I did say sunny and warm... have I convinced you yet? :)
Sue

Alex and Anna said...

Holly! i didn't know you guys had a blog i just noticed it on the miller blog. i love the style of it. its way cute. you take great picures! love your long hair too =)

Mighty Millers said...

No fair you are way to good at taking the right pictures, they are great.. especially the ones of Summer!! papa

Kayla said...

Holly!
you guys are just so cute and are amazing people!
Thanks for being a great example in my life!
Love you guys :)
Kayla

The Cottle Family said...

So did you use Photoshop for the picture on the top of the blog. I need new photoshop techniques. I love the movie of the puppies, I am making a christmas video as our Christmas card, if you have any good ideas let me know.

my first movie